me

So, yeah, 28 today. Perfect number!

Beltzner and Madhava have arranged for a location of celebration. (See extended entry.)

If you think you’d like to be there, you should feel welcome to show up. If you bring a gift, you risk having me berate you.

Want to celebrate my birthday in another way? Perhaps you have some sort of neurological damage which makes you want to give incredibly fortunate people like me gifts, just for playing the safe life expectancy odds?

Do something nice today for someone. Go a little out of your way. If it’s someone you don’t usually like that much, all the better. Or maybe a total stranger. Feel free to comment below with stories of such things, but also feel free to just quietly make the world a little nicer today.

If you feel utterly compelled to spend money, Covenant House would love to hear from you.

Party details:

Announcing SHAVERFEST 2005!

We’re happy to announce that the 28th annual festival of all things Mike Shaver, will be taking place starting 6:00pm this Thursday at the Pour House at Dupont and Spadina. Planned activities for this year’s event are:

• Drinking
  • Multimedia slideshow: The 28th Year of Shaver
  • Eating
  • A plenary on the habits of the Cotton Boll Weevil
  • “To Be A Shaver”, interpretive dance by PartisanMotion
  • More drinking
  • Maybe … desert?

The “Party Room” (visible when you first enter) has been reserved under the name “Mike Shaver” (cunning!) for the evening, and we’re happy to announce that the establishment is pulling out all the stops and has said that they’ll have decorated with balloons. Streamers, if we’re very lucky.

COST: * Free to members of this mailing list! * Well, you’ll likely shell out for some beer and food

HOW TO GET THERE: * TTC to Spadina (then walk north) or Dupont (then walk east) * Park on the street or in the LCBO parking lot … at your peril!

Map lovingly provided by Google.

6 comments to “me”

1. Rob
    entered 17 February 2005 @ 1:42 am
  2. entered 17 February 2005 @ 1:42 am

Happy birthday! I don’t think I can make it to Toronto tomorrow, though.

3. entered 17 February 2005 @ 2:15 am

Argh … what a horrible comma splice in the first paragraph of that invite. Ick! How did I let that by?

Oh … and Happy Birthday! I’ll say it more emphatically tonight at the pub. Assuming I can stay awake.

4. lindahalligan
    entered 17 February 2005 @ 9:48 pm

Happy Birthday to you !

Why I remember when you were just a baby. A gigantic, massive, incredibly good looking baby but still. You could once sit on my lap is my point, even if only for a brief moment.

Wishing you happiness and love in abundance thorughout the year.

Auntie Linda

5. earle
    entered 19 February 2005 @ 2:07 am

If you’re looking for ideas of where to go, I was just reminded of a great philospher of our time, who once said:

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, …at the nudie bar. Where the girlies dance in their underpants, …at the nudie bar. Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, …at the nudie bar. Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, …at the nudie bar. Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, …at the nudie bar. Where the cops are at the door, and there’s a Kennedy on the floor, …at the nudie bar. – Al Bundy, Married With Children

6. mehmet
    entered 21 February 2005 @ 4:53 pm

It’s the worst kind of belated best wishes, when you didn’t actually forget the day but didn’t get around to expressing yourself on that day. I offer them nonetheless and look forward to catching up this weekend.