bingo

I finally got my offer package today, and Tyla helpfully Purolatored it off to the processing centre in California — Jeremy’s advice was “send it exactly as it says; don’t fight with The Process” — so I’m a small amount of paperwork from being an official Oracle employee. I’m pretty psyched.

Beltzner and I celebrated with champagne and wings, after a start-of-season Ultimate clinic, and before joining some other friends in the viewing of a pretty-mediocre Angel episode.

Then I bit my tongue harder than I’ve ever bit it before, and now have a bruise about the size of a dime. Or, perhaps, the size of a molar.

7 comments to “bingo”

1. entered 7 May 2004 @ 10:46 am

I saysed it last night, and I’ll says it again: Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of the megacorporation. I look forward to hearing about your forthcoming efforts at capturing and leveraging synergies, and perhaps even picking away at low-hanging fruit.

2. Dawn
    entered 7 May 2004 @ 10:52 am

Congrats on the new job! I’m happy for you – and also happy to know that Tyla must be very relieved! Beltzner enjoyed VC without me??? Well, well just have to do-over that celebration. :)

3. entered 7 May 2004 @ 11:10 am

Tyla was indeed quite relieved. She was positively gleeful about the life insurance payout, in fact, but I’m trying not to dwell on that.

We will indeed have to have another celebration, if only so that I can properly toast your solid whomping of a year of law school. I’ll send my woman by the LCBO later…

4. Mike Hoye
    entered 7 May 2004 @ 11:34 am

Congratulations. Will this require another relocation, or are you properly entrenched in Toronto?

5. entered 7 May 2004 @ 11:40 am

Oh, I’m here to stay.

6. Mike Hoye
    entered 7 May 2004 @ 4:32 pm

Sounds sweet. Can you talk about what you’ll be doing for them yet?

7. entered 8 May 2004 @ 11:24 am

Damn sickness. I shall offer you congrats in electronic format until I cease with the hacking death.