do not look into Lsongs with remaining eye

Now, I’m no usability wizard or anything, but even I know a steaming pile when I stumble onto one.

At least they’re working on Nvu as well. (Attention software people: I am available to name things on very short notice!)

Update: It burns!

Further: They must have been hacked or something. I mean, honestly.

6 comments to “do not look into Lsongs with remaining eye”

1. entered 19 April 2004 @ 11:02 pm

A cunning strategem: blatantly copy the iTunes interface, but mess up the layout and location of controls to the point where it is just usable enough for your average beleaguered Linux user who’s accustomed to crappy desktop UI, and yet not nearly usable enough that Apple would ever consider filing a lawsuit claiming infringement.

Bravo, and at the same time, ick!

2. entered 19 April 2004 @ 11:08 pm

If I were Apple, I would sue for damages every time someone said “looks kinda like iTunes, sorta, maybe”. Big damages.

3. Mike Hoye
    entered 20 April 2004 @ 12:16 am

“We’ve fired everyone competent, and we’re passing the savings on to you!”

4. entered 20 April 2004 @ 1:49 am

Re: Lindows Rock

The goggles do nothing…

5. entered 20 April 2004 @ 10:17 am

My my… aren’t we a testy group early in the morning? (Lindows Rock)

I thought it was refreshing: memorable tune, upbeat, no lies (at least not that I could detect). Thanks.

6. mpt
    entered 3 May 2004 @ 7:45 am

“Kinda like iTunes, sorta, maybe”? Nah, they’re virtually identical. Apart from the cosmetic differences (yuk, but at least it’s not brushed metal, eh?), the only change I can see is that LSongs has the current-song/Search/Browse group at the bottom instead of the top.

It’s amusing in a sad sort of way, because I don’t think iTunes is that great to begin with. Instead of iTunes and iPhoto, I’d much rather have “View” > “as Playlist” and “as Gallery” in the file manager.